Featuring a faculty of leading experts in the management of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD), this timely and engaging CME-certified online activity will offer in-depth coverage of important clinical issues and data.
In accordance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, The Omnia-Prova Education Collaborative (TOPEC) requires that individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. TOPEC resolves all conflicts of interest to ensure independence, objectivity, balance, and scientific rigor in all its educational programs.
- Deepak L. Bhatt, MD, MPH: Research Funding: Abbott, Amarin, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Chiesi, Eisai, Ethicon, Forest Laboratories, Idorsia, Ironwood, Ischemix, Lilly, Medtronic, PhaseBio, Pfizer, Regeneron, Roche, Sanofi Aventis, Synaptic, The Medicines Company
- Sergio Fazio, MD, PhD: Consulting Fees: Amarin, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Esperion, Novartis
- Michael Miller, MD: Consulting Fees: Amarin, Akcea
- Sean Barrett has nothing to disclose.
- Ben Caref, PhD has nothing to disclose.
- Pamela Clark has nothing to disclose
After participating in this educational activity, participants should be better able to:
- Screen and diagnose patients at high risk of cardiovascular events
- Describe the impact of residual CVD risk that remains beyond statin therapy
- Apply evidence-based guidelines and recent randomized clinical trial evidence to lifestyle and therapeutic approaches for managing patients at high risk of cardiovascular events
This activity is designed to meet the educational needs of the practicing Internal Medicine and Primary Care Physicians and allied health professionals who treat patients with, or at high risk of, ASCVD.
The Omnia-Prova Education Collaborative, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Omnia-Prova Education Collaborative, Inc. designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Amarin Pharma, Inc.
The views and opinions expressed in this educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of TOPEC and Omnia Education. This presentation is not intended to define an exclusive course of patient management; the participant should use his/her clinical judgment, knowledge, experience, and diagnostic skills in applying or adopting for professional use any of the information provided herein. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patients’ conditions and possible contraindications or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities. Links to other sites may be provided as additional sources of information. Once you elect to link to a site outside of Omnia Education you are subject to the terms and conditions of use, including copyright and licensing restriction, of that site.
Reproduction of this material is not permitted without written permission from the copyright owner.
This actvity is jointly provided by TOPEC and Medtelligence.